I have taken time in the last few days to really think about what the celebration of the New Year means to me. Everyone keeps asking me, "Why aren't you writing a New Year's blog?," but I just wasn't feeling the urge to share. I think the celebration of a new year is bittersweet because I have lost so many that I loved. Lost a mother, a father, a brother, a cousin, a mother-in-law, and though I know I have so much to be happy for, on these days of rememberance, I remember.
Sometimes memories get in the way of the happiness right in front of my own eyes. My children, my husband, my family and my friends remind me every day why I should go on with my life. I have a blessed life and I am grateful to God for all that he has given me. But somehow on these high holidays it doesn't remove or alter the sting of what used to be and the love I miss from all those who are not here to share in the celebration.
So, I remember, and I keep my head high for my children and for all the family and friends who look to me for love, friendship and a sense of community. I feel honored to live this cherished life and hope in the days ahead I will find a little more peace in knowing that what was lost is not forgotten and that one day I will celebrate with them again.
I wish all my dear friends and family a wonderful, happy, new year! Hold those you love tightly and make the most of this New Year.
All my love,
Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment