Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Thoughts for the Weekend!

The Growing Dansickers
Today a very dear friend took the time to send me her “happy thoughts” and it made my day. The thought of my blog becoming a viral way to encourage people to remember the good in their lives is a very unexpected reward. In the spirit of good thoughts, I thought I would tell you a few “happy thoughts” of my own that happened this week:

1.    Stanley (my kindergartener) explained that he was very excited about learning computers at school. “It’s really cool mom, we learned how to play with the “rat” and it was a lot of fun.” Of course, “the rat” in actuality was “the mouse,” but my little boy reminded me that there are people out their in the world still seeing things for the very first time. I am getting older, but Stanley helps me to see things for the first time with every new experience.
2.    I got an email from a school parent who wanted to thank me because my daughter, Audrey, has been coaching her son every day this week. When Audrey’s classmate was sad and missing his mommy during the first week of school, Audrey comforted him by saying, “Don’t think about it. You will be okay…and you’ll see her later.” I felt proud that my daughter, who was nervous to return to school herself, summoned the courage to help another in need and with such ease. Audrey has always had this uncanny ability to dissuade her own fears by comforting those of another. It is one of her best qualities. I am so proud of you Auddie girl!
3.    Henry…Henry…now that’s a happy thought. Henry is such an easy kid and he is having a good second grade year so far. I served hot lunch for the first time this year and as I was sitting with Henry at the lunch table, I noticed an unfamiliar face starring at Henry and I. It was Henry’s new Hebrew teacher. I approached her and after knowing Henry just a few short days, she said to me, “He’s such a sweet little boy. Such a good boy.” I never get tired of hearing those words. Henry’s moral compass is permanently set for gentle and steady…he’ll make a very good husband one day…just like his daddy.

There you go… I did it!... a no-tear blog…so all of you complaining of needing tissues to read my stories…have faith…I am capable of delivering happy thoughts without tears.

Have a great weekend…and thanks for taking the time to read my “happy thoughts!”

Love, Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenny,
    Once upon a time, I wrote for comments. Now I write for myself. As a dedicated mom and friend, the blog is a perfect place to collect your kids' special moments and find out more about yourself than you thought you could know. I love you and look forward to reading your sensitive posts...and the tell-it-straight-up ones that I hope will come.
    Love,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Love the library background here...just like I did at your wedding:-)

    ReplyDelete