Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gussy Skates

Many of you know that I have a six-year-old nephew named Gus who is autistic. He is a happy, beautiful little boy that brings us a lot of joy even though he can’t say the words, “I love you.” One of his favorite activities is ice skating. He is a member of the Baltimore Saints, which meets every Saturday morning at the Reisterstown Sportsplex. As I choke back the tears to tell you, this is a truly special organization that gives hope to parents and special needs children who want to give their children a glimpse of what is possible.

Each year the Saints have an important fundraiser to keep this life affirming organization afloat. It is an amazing cause…one so special that I am reaching out again this year to ask for your help.

Come out and skate with your families on Sunday, March 6 at the Reisterstown Sportsplex from 12:30pm-2:30pm. Or if you are not up for skating or have other plans on that day, please sponsor me and my family with any monetary donation that makes you feel most comfortable.

You can send me a check made out to “Baltimore Area Special Hockey, Inc.” to:

Jenny Dansicker
8 Indian Pony Court
Owings Mills, MD 21117

I will send each sponsor a receipt for your charitable donation for your tax records. And if you are one of those people that I see every day of the week, you can just hand me your check, and I would be happy to add you to my pledge sheet with sincerest appreciation.

Please consider this event or pledging for this amazing cause. The special needs children and the parents in this program are really an example of how to make the best out of life when you are faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

Thank for taking the time to read this blog and consider donating to the cause.

Happy Thoughts, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment