My girl is 10 years old
today! I am in awe of the little woman that she is becoming. She is smart, and
strong, and beautiful and my inspiration. She looks at life with compassion and
purpose. Audrey has always been very strong minded but she stares down life’s
challenges with patience and intelligence. I can always count on her to make
good decisions with an open heart.
Audrey was the best baby
on the planet. Always went to sleep and took her naps on schedule. Never cried.
Never sick. Always happy. So good that we even decided to have her brother,
Stanley because she made life so easy. Even with her severe peanut allergy,
Audrey was an easy child.
Now, makeup, singing, animals,
and her girlfriends rule Audrey’s existence. She loves to wear makeup and dress
up at home, but she also never turns down a rock wall that she can scale with ease.
She is her brothers’ sister, just a little Audrey sandwich stuck right in the
middle of gentle, Henry and steal-your-heart, Stanley. She has made her
indelible mark on this family. Her role has been the stabilizer, sometimes the
whirlwind, sometimes the voice of reason, but always the one who watches over
all of us like a little mommy.
Audrey is growing up so
fast that I can hardly believe she will be a woman soon. I love what I am
witnessing. I am so very proud to be the mommy of the bravest, kindest,
sweetest baby girl a mama could dream of. Happy Birthday my love.


No comments:
Post a Comment