Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Auddie Girl Rocks My World!

Judging from the last 34 blog posts over the last eleven months, you may not know that I have an incredible daughter who makes my life infinitely more complicated, but really represents the true essence of who I aspire to be when I grow up. Audrey is a strong, compassionate and amazing little girl who has music dancing around in her head every minute of the day. At first it was difficult to understand the lyrics of her brain, but after years of great effort and patience, we have come to understand the uniqueness of our daughter. Audrey always seems to respond to life’s questions with her own version of reality. It doesn’t always make sense to us, but at six, it doesn’t really have to as long as it makes perfect sense to Audrey.

Don’t get me wrong, though the music in her head is apt to solicit some interesting answers and conversation, Audrey is a very smart and savvy little girl who gets it. Life is about discovery, and she is open to everything. She loves drawing, makeup, changing outfits six times a day, Shake it Up on Disney Channel, family anything -- dinners, trips, parties -- anything that involves her family, and sleepovers with her best girl friends…oh and steak, burgers, and Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake.

Being the middle child between two boys, she has a girly side and a more daring side. Audrey understands competition and shies away from it unless she is assured she will win. That is why she challenges her younger brother and best friend Stanley into many physical battles, which she can win. Audrey seldom challenges older brother Henry to any physical game of whimsy because she knows she will not prevail. Audrey is the perfect puzzle piece to my two very different sons. If Stanley is Audrey’s baby brother that she watches over like a mama tiger, than Henry is the one she looks up to, always trying to please him and get his attention. Thank goodness, Henry being Henry is always a good sport and gives it to her. Harmony. I frequently tell my children, “Family first. When I am gone, you will only have each other. Remember to love and respect one another.” They don’t always like to hear that mommy won’t be around forever, but that fear forces them to understand the deep meaning and truth in putting each other first.

Audrey is a free spirit who gets what she wants and knows how to get it. She leads with a gentle hand most days and is self-motivated. She is above all kind and giving. She spends hours drawing pictures for her peers after school has ended. If we are going to a party, she is the one who wants to present the gift. If someone leaves something behind before we leave the house for one of our many excursions, it is Audrey who volunteers to go back in and track it down. She takes care of us and when we are sick, weary or cranky, she is the one who reaches out to us to make the world right.

As the mommy, I try to let Audrey know every single day, that she is smart, beautiful and kind…and that she is a very important part of this family. Every night before bed, I tell her that I am so proud that she is my daughter. I love you Auddie girl…..

No comments:

Post a Comment