![]() | |
| Julie and Jenny - Bus Ride to NYC (10-16-2010) |
40 means:
• Having three beautiful, funny, smart, healthy children
• A husband who I have to beg at this point to treat me like his girlfriend after 13 years, but whom I love, love, love and respect.
• A twin sister who I talk to five times a day with every minute detail of my life
• A best friend of almost 30 years who continues to believe in me and love me unconditionally
• A school community of friends, family and teachers who support me on a daily basis with such care and thoughtfulness
• Being able to listen to music and actually relate to every lyric with some personal experience, good and bad
• Being commander of my life
• Having a job that fulfills me and gives me purpose in ways that my children and family cannot
• Having the means to do, buy and say whatever I want, whenever I want
• Pick and choose the relationships in my life that bring meaning without draining me to the core
• Gaining and losing 10 pounds yet still feeling good about my body
• Having the desire to make my life the best it can be…before its over
• Taking time for myself because I deserve it
• Having perspective that allows me to weed out the good, the bad and the unnecessary stress in my life
• Feeling good about who I have become and where I am going regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.
And those are just a few of things that I have contemplated over the last few months leading up to my 40th birthday. It really does feel like a brand new start to my life. I want the next 40 years to be filled with all the things I wished for in the first forty but didn’t know how to get them. I feel strong, I feel empowered, and I feel ready for the future.
I am blessed to have all that I have at 40 and so grateful to the people in my life (you KNOW who you are) and to God for giving me the strength to see this day. THANK YOU!

"Being able to listen to music and actually relate to every lyric with some personal experience, good and bad"---loved this one.
ReplyDeleteI'll be consulting this blog in one year and one month. I love you...you wear 40 well...
Jodi
Jenny, LOVE your thoughts and reflections...you are deepening the moments for yourself and others and it's great to connect virtually despite the distance between Baltimore and Dallas! I actually think this is one of the first years I didn't call you on your birthday! It was on a day I actually don't typically use phones.... you were in my thoughts and I was toasting to you from Big D! Loved the photos on your other birthday blog entry... can't believe it's been over 20 years since they were taken... welcome to the 40's love! xox, Sue
ReplyDelete