Monday, August 30, 2010

Audrey CAN Be Taught!

My six-year-old daughter Audrey walks to the beat of her own drummer. And most days, I am thrilled that she has a vivacious spirit that is not easily broken or deterred. But trying to get her to participate in recreational sports of any kind including gymnastics, tennis, t-ball, basketball...hasn't always been easy. I don't like to think about how many non-refundable deposits I have lost trying to get her to enjoy a sport.

I was about to give up completely when she expressed some interest in Keith Van Eron's soccer after seeing her younger brother, 5, Stanley doing it. So, I signed her up eight weeks ago. I was nervous but hoped she would do well. Audrey doesn’t like to fail and she likes doing things her way. Not an easy trait to deal with when you are trying to teach her a new skill. Keith Van Eron was the answer to my prayers. He got her to enjoy the sport and learn the necessary skills to succeed without pissing her off. A monumental feat that is unparalleled to date.

Audrey went willingly and excitedly to each practice and this past Sunday received her very first trophy for her accomplishment. She beamed with pride as she accepted her prize.

Thank you Keith Van Eron for your patience, your drive and your ability to teach my daughter with great fun and silliness. It worked...and more than that, it has given her a new found confidence in herself. Hallelujah! Mommy is so proud of you Auddie, girl. You too Manny!

http://www.keithvaneron.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment